Community Gardens – July 17
17 Jul @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Autism Edmonton members are invited to join the Community Gardens Program and harvest fresh fruits and vegetables at Lady Flower Gardens. There will be space to learn, share knowledge, and have fun!
Harvesting “rules” are that participants must pick 1 bin of food for the Edmonton Food Bank for every 1 bin that they pick for themselves. There is no limit on the total number of bins that you pick.
There is a limit of 40 participants for this activity (please order tickets for adults and children in your family – this year children require tickets). Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Admission is free and all ages and abilities are welcome. Beverages are provided and participants are encouraged to pack a bagged lunch or snacks. Autism Edmonton is pleased to be able to offer transportation (on request) – for times and availability please contact TerriLynn at 780-453-3971 ext. 1 or email@example.com.
This summer, Community Gardens will be offered weekly from June 19 to September 4 (registration for every session opens one week in advance). You are welcome to join us for as many sessions as you wish!
Where’s the garden?
Lady Flower Gardens is located at 20303 – 33 Street NE (The NE is important)
- Head towards Fort Saskatchewan on the Manning Highway.
- When you see the Sihk Temple on the West Side of the highway – be on the look out for a right hand exit (West) that you take just after the sign that says ‘Henwood’
- Don’t go to Henwood
- Instead take a quick left right after turning off the highway – onto 195th Ave NE
- Travel approx 4 kilometres along 195th until you get to 33 street NE
- Turn left on 33 street and drive 1/2 kilometre – go through a white picket gate that says Norbest – just after the short hedge take an immediate right and there we are.