JobTIPS Workshop/Training for Adults on the Autism Spectrum (Raleigh)
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 @ 9:30 AM - Thu, 30 Apr 2020 @ 11:00 AM
JobTIPS helps individuals with autism who are more abstract thinkers, such as individuals who might consider themselves high-functioning or who were diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome or PDD-NOS, obtain the necessary skills to gain meaningful employment, including the social skills that are critical to identifying, applying for, securing, and maintaining employment. JobTIPS emphasizes peer support as participants share experiences and advice, role play scenarios related to obtaining and keeping a job, and work on resumes.
The JobTIPS vocational program lasts 12 weeks and meets once a week. ASNC is admitting participants on a rolling basis, so individuals can apply at any time and will receive information about the next group’s start date. The 2019 dates have been added below. After you register, the JobTIPS instructor will contact you to confirm your start date.
Dates and times for the summer/fall 2019 session are:
- September 9, 9:30am to 11:00am
- September 16, 9:30am to 11:00am
- September 23, 9:30am to 11:00am
- September 30, 9:30am to 11:00am
- October:7, 9:30am to 11:00am
- October:14, 9:30am to 11:00am
- October:21, 9:30am to 11:00am
- October:28, NO CLASS
- November 4, 9:30am to 11:00am
- November 11, NO CLASS
- November 18, 9:30am to 11:00am
- November 25, 9:30am to 11:00am
- December 2, 9:30:am to11:00am
- December 9, 9:30am to 11:00am
For more information, contact Kathryn Lane at 919-703-6675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.