1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Girls: Everything You Need to Know About Diagnosis, Doctors, Schools, Taxes, Vacations, Babysitters, Treatments, Food, and More
In 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Girls you will learn how to deal with troubling issues such as periods, birth control, and the risks of sexual abuse. Both mom and dad will learn which menstrual pads work best and why the ones with wings just are not them. And how exactly do you get your daughter to actually start using them? Other topics will include:
- How to get the most useful evaluation
- Where to find other parents of autistic girls
- Getting insurance to cover treatments
- Coping with the unique social issues that girls face
- Legal issues and Medicaid pros and cons
- Maintaining a social life for both you and your daughter
- Handling marital stress and divorce
- Where to go on vacation
- And many more!
From what to do when you first suspect your daughter might have autism, to coping with the first diagnosis, to following up with comprehensive evaluation, continuing education, and treatment, 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Girls is the book that every parent of an autistic girl needs.